Sunday, June 24, 2018

It's MONDAY. . . . . . . . Again!!

Image result for MONDAY

Another day, another dollar earned.


So, it's Sunday evening. We're all sitting in the living room watching a movie or the news. Everyone is dreading the next morning. School, work, errands, chores... an endless list of things we must get done.

I am sure you all can relate. 

The thing is Mondays are not that bad. I actually like them. Hubby goes off to work. Daughter goes off to school. I have a few hours to clean and fix something to eat before I start work. I call it "my 'peace' time".

It is so welcome after the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but they really get on my nerves sometimes. I mean why is it no one can "do it like Mom can?"

I do have a few rare moments when I "feel the love." OKay, let me explain that just a little bit. 

Normally, I get no "thank you", no "please". Everyone just counts on the fact that I will do 'it'. Now, 'it' can be any number of things. Washing clothes, folding and putting them away. Putting the control back in its place, because everyone always leaves it in the couch cushion cracks. 

Of the 'it' things, there are many. But I do not want to talk about that. I want to talk about the unexpected hugs, kisses, thanks, or 'I love you's. They kind of sneak up and surprise you.

Those are the moments when you are 100% positive you can Survive Marriage. It makes everything okay. It makes you do dishes with a big ol' smile on your face. It is also temporary.

Understanding is needed to survive a marriage. You must understand that we all forget to say the most basic things to those we love. We do not always say please or thank you or even I love you. 

Not all expressions of love are done with words. Actually, some of the most honest ways to tell if you are loved are to watch the actions of those who are closest to our hearts. A spouse that brings home dinner because they know you had a tough day. A child who draws you a picture, "just because". Your best friend who drops by, just to see how things are going with you.

The trick about Surviving Marriage is to not forget that we all forget. We need to be willing to forgive and let go of the faults of our families and friends. 

Image result for family clipart

Remember: Accept the love when it comes, in the form it comes. Give love with all your heart. And never forget......

Marriage is hard. It takes a lot of work and understanding. But...       


It is also beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's MONDAY. . . . . . . . Again!!

Another day, another dollar earned. So, it's Sunday evening. We're all sitting in the living room watching a movie or the new...