Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Dirty Socks.....Yuck!

Image result for dirty socks clipartDirty socks on the floor.  

Dirty socks in the bed. Dirty socks under the couch. What is up with all the dirty socks???

I am a fairly good housekeeper. I have my daily routine, like most people. Being a stay-at-home mom, I pretty much have a 24-hour routine. I will not go into the glorious details of scrubbing toilets, dusting, mopping, and picking up of it all. 

I do, however, have one pet peeve... DIRTY SOCKS. They are everywhere. They stink. And I think they multiply on their own.

My loving husband, in all his greatness, has this huge flaw of taking off his socks and sticking them here or there. 

Image result for couch clipart
In the couch cushions.
Image result for shoes clipart
In his shoes.
 I have even found dirty socks in the kitchen. This otherwise wonderful man has some kind of evil streak. I think he gets some kind of joy out of finding new places to hide his Dirty Socks.

Now, I am sure you may be saying, "No big deal. Men are pigs. They are genetically inclined to be nasty beings." I must reply, "Oh no, this is not so. Many men are inclined to pick up after themselves. To help out in the home."

You may be able to relate. Maybe that special guy in your life does not leave dirty socks everywhere. Maybe he forgets to lower the toilet seat or to take the trash out. You may not deal with dirty socks, but something he does just works your nerves.

Image result for woman pulling her hair out cartoon Something drives you batty. Maybe it is one thing, maybe it is several. The question is, "How do I keep loving this person who is so determined to drive me crazy?"

Well, the answer is simple, actually. You love them.

Yep, that's it. I pick up dirty socks every single day. I feel frustrated, but I remind myself that I love the owner of those dirty socks. He is far from perfect, but he is mine. I am sure he deals with a habit of mine that he dislikes.

Sometimes, we start to focus on things that really do not matter in the big scale of our lives. To survive marriage, one must not do this. Do not let something insignificant get in the way of something so great.

I ask you to comment with the one thing your special person does that just gets on your nerves. Share with me and the others who read this blog. Maybe we each get a little laugh. Maybe we find out that not liking every single thing about someone so special to us, is actually quite normal.

Image result for couple in love clipart
Happiness is made.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's MONDAY. . . . . . . . Again!!

Another day, another dollar earned. So, it's Sunday evening. We're all sitting in the living room watching a movie or the new...